Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Commercials for the Roloff season finale episode dealing with Mike Detjen's death have begun airing






If you tune into TLC any time in the next few days, you might catch the commercials for the Season Finale episode on Monday December 22nd at 8pm. It will indeed be dealing with the passing of the Roloff's close friend, Mike Detjen.

He passed away June 5, 2008 of a torn aorta. He was at a soccer club board meeting when it was believed he was having a heart attack. He was rushed to hospital, coherent and alert, where they operated to repair a torn aorta. Sadly, Mike did not make it through the surgery.

Here is a description of the commercial for those who have not seen it yet.

Once again, there is beautiful music from Joey Newman, the music this season has been top-notch.

It begins with Jacob and Mike working on the new trebuchet. Jacob says he is helping Mike with it. Mike says "Jacob is a really smart kid so he gets every thing done for us."

Mike is shown walking away saying "You have a good night"

One moment changes every thing...
(sounds of sirens)

Amy is shown explaining: "I got a phone call. Something was wrong. Mike had a heart attack. The doctor said this was serious."

Jacob and Zach are shown sitting at home on the couch and at the table. Zach says "We don't really know what to do"

Little People Big World, Season finale, Monday Dec 22 at 8pm on TLC.

This will surely be the most emotional episode in the history of Little People Big World.

5 comments:

Erica said...

I can't wait for the episode. It sounds strange, but I love things that make me cry.

Joanne said...

I am sure I will be crying over these episodes. So sad.

Liona said...

Amy is spot on. When someone who is very strong like Matt breaks up, the tears really start flowing. Molly looked shocked to see Matt break down.

I don't agree with all of what the Roloffs do or have done, but my heart goes out to them for the loss of a great friend.

Anonymous said...

THIS IS SERIOUS AND VERY SAD TO EVERYONE WHO KNEW MIKE. WHY ARE THEY AIRING SO CLOSE TO CHRISTMAS?????I THINK ITS RUDE TO HIS IMMEDIATE FAMILY AND RIP TO MIKE... WE KNOW YOUR WATCHING OVER US MISS U AND LOVE U

Anonymous said...

I saw he eposdoe and it was one of the most emontional eposides I had every seen. I just felt so bad for the kids and the team and everyone else. I cried during the show and I couldn't get Mike out of my mind for the whole week. It really was an emontional show.