Monday, December 1, 2008

Roloff friend Mike Detjen's passing will be dealt with Dec 22nd

This has been a much talked about issue. The date is finally official. Mike Detjen's death will be dealt with on the Dec 22nd episodes.

I am sure they will be very emotional. I'm relieved that they aren't holding it over until Part B. There was a fear that TLC might use it as a cliffhanger for Part B...that would have been just plain wrong. Good for TLC and the Roloffs for not doing that. This is the preview for those episodes.

Dec 22, 8:00 pm

Little People, Big World
Friend of the Family Family friend

Mike Detjen is as involved with the Roloff family as he's ever been: building a new trebuchet, coaching the twins' soccer team. But when a heart condition suddenly takes Mike's life, the family must face coping with the loss of their friend.

Dec 22, 8:30 pm

Little People, Big World
Death in the Family

In the aftermath of losing their dear friend Mike Detjen, the Roloff family recalls his special place in their lives. They prepare for his funeral and turn an already planned housewarming party into an emotional get-together to honor his memory.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's going to be a real tear-jerker. Thanks for the info.

Degrassifan said...

This one is going to be really hard to watch. I really liked Mike, not just because he loved soccer like me, but he really was like a part of the Roloff family. You always saw him come in after a soccer practice or game and would just hang around. He looked after the kids when Amy and Matt were away.

When the trebuchet accident happened he stayed with the Roloffs because he didn't have any family in Oregon. He really fit in with the family.

It will be hard to see the Roloff's reactions. I'm sure i'll cry.

Erin said...

I'll be sure to have my tissues nearby as I watch these episodes. Even though I didn't know Mike personally, it made me very sad when I heard about his death. I felt like he was such a positive influence on the kids, especially Jeremy.

Nancy Lee said...

They will be the most emotional episodes yet. Erin, I agree. Mike was very close to Jeremy. It must be especially hard on Jeremy.

Chris said...

It should make for a very memorable and emotional show.

Rox said...

It will be really sad. I don't like Jeremy very much but I think it will be sad to him and Jacob the most.

Twitter22 said...

I think it will be a really good episode. Good as in can't miss, not has in happy obviously

Johnny IRS said...

I'm somewhat of a newcomer to the show and in the time that I have watched, Mike has definitely been on the majority of the shows and has been quite a big part in the Roloff's lives. Definitely will be the most emotional episode yet.

kelly brathovd said...

mike was so nice to the kids. I think when i watch this i will cry. I have had an emotional december dealing with a teachers death. and my moms 9 years now. So sorry for the loss.

ps i love little people big world i watch every eposode.

Timothy said...

I think it will be a very touching episode next week.

Sorry to hear about your loss, Kelly. It always adds to the emotion when you watch someone else deal with loss when you're experiencing the same feelings.

I wonder how much they will actually show. I can't imagine that they'll show the Roloffs at the hospital that night or when they returned home.

kelly said...

Mike was such a part of this family and this family ahs become a huge part of our family! I have yet to find a show on TV that my entire family can sit and watch together and really feel like were a part of until the Roloff family came into our lives! Its so hard to explain how you can become so much a part of a family on tv, but they certainly have captured our hearts, if not most all of americas! What a huge loss to their family! I feel for them all!

Anonymous said...

I am watching the first of the two episodes right now. Mike looked so happy and healthy, its hard to grasp that he died in this very episode.

Anonymous said...

I was able to record the first of two episodes on Monday night, but I messed up on the second one and it didn't record. Does anyone know where I can watch a replay of the second episode?

Anonymous said...

i missed these episodes, how did mike die?

Anonymous said...

How did mike die. i missed this episode

Anonymous said...

SO VERY SORRY TO HEAR OF MIKE'S PASSING,HE SURELY WILL BE MISSED. T.