Friday, March 13, 2009

Roloff summer vacation time in New Orleans - Streetcars, shopping and palm-reading

Here is a little article that is a preview of sorts for the new episode Monday, detailing the Roloffs time in New Orleans this summer.

According to the spokeswoman of the New Orleans travel Bureau, her staff reports that the Roloffs were "delightful" to deal with and lists a few of the things they did while in New Orleans.

"While in New Orleans, the family visited the Audubon Insectarium and Cafe du Monde, rode through the French Quarter on a horse-drawn carriage and dined at some of the city’s most popular restaurants, in-cluding Brennan’s Restaurant and the po-boy hot spot, Mother’s.

Cameras rolled as the family fun – and a little family drama – unfolded.

Kelly Schulz, a spokeswoman for the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau, said the Roloff fam-ily’s visit was a boon for the city be-cause it illustrates that New Orleans is not just a party destination for adults.

“There’s a lot more to our city than that,” said Schulz, who did not meet the Roloffs personally, but said members of her staff did. “They were just delightful.”

Schulz said the Roloff family went shopping, took a streetcar ride, vis-ited a palm reader, listened to some jazz bands and toured historic Jack-son Square and St. Louis Cathedral."

You can read the full article here:

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20090313/BIGFUN/903130934?Title=-Little-People-take-on-the-Big-Easy

3 comments:

Jocelynn Pearson said...

Thanks for posting. Sounds like fun. I hope we get to see the Roloff palm-reading. I can't wait to hear what that predicts. I'll definitely be watching Monday.

Laura said...

Jocelynn, I think any good fortune teller (palm reader?) could tell you that they see accidents and injuries in poor Jacob's future. j/k That poor kid is so injury prone that's one prediction that can't help but be right.

I like the vacation episodes. It gives me a chance to see places that our family haven't or won't get to travel. I don't mind living vicariously through the Roloffs.

gina said...

Yes I know what you mean, I'll never get to go the places the roloffs go so I just tag along on the trips with them but I'm at home ha ha...I't would be great to go half the places they go. I could not afford all the film Amy goes threw. but props to them they are living the American dream love the show