Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Roloff friend, Mike Detjen's memorial service (Video Clip)

It has been just over a year and a half since Mike Detjen passed away (June 5, 2008). Viewers still often comment about Mike and it's been a while since we've had an item about him.

Someone recently put the memorial service clip on You Tube. Previously, TLC had part of the service on their site, but not the whole clip. This is the entire "scene" that was originally shown in the original airing of the episode.

Personally, I think this is the most emotional and touching piece that has ever been on Little People, Big World.

6 comments:

Jocelynn said...

I don't know if it's right to say this is my "favorite" clip because of the subject matter, but I like being moved. I cry everytime I see this. Jeremy's and Amy's speeches really gets to me.

I wish Jeremy would show that side of him more often.

Em said...

I agree, Jocelynn. So sad.

I don't want to distract from remembering Mike, but I never noticed this before, what is the mark on Jeremy's face at 3:23 into the video? I never noticed that at any other time in the show.

Craw said...

Thanks for posting this. Jeremy was so good. I am sure Mike was very proud. RIP Mike :(

Judy said...

That's a lovely montage. I love the speeches by Jeremy and Amy. I can't imagine there are many 18 year olds that could have given a better speech after losing someone as important to them as Mike was to Jeremy. I think people should remember this before they attack Jeremy for some of the other things.

Anonymous said...

where was Matt?

Jocelynn said...

Matt was on his way to Iraq for the first time.