Monday, September 20, 2010

Previews for the next few episodes of Little People, Big World

We'll edit this item where we focused on one particular episode preview; to include others. Starting on September 27th, TLC will revert to what they did for part of Season 5 -- only one new episode a week at 8pm. The 8:30 time slot will be a repeat.

Tonight, September 20th

Sep 20, 8:00 pm

(30 minutes) Little People, Big World (Season 6)
Camp Roloff
The Roloff boys go camping with their buddies, but mishaps with a snow-in and a gasoline fire throw their trip into chaos. Meanwhile, the Roloff ladies hit the Oregon coast and battle broken cameras and seasickness.

Sep 20, 8:30 pm

(30 minutes) Little People, Big World (Season 6)
Zach Rides On
Now 20 years old, Zach struggles with issues like getting a job and buying a car. When he is presented with an offer to portray a leprechaun, it causes him to address his dwarfism in new ways. It's a stressful time as Zach makes important decisions.

Sep 27, 8:00 pm
(30 minutes)
Little People, Big World (Season 6)
Matt's Massacre
Matt feeds his Hollywood dreams and organizes a local cast and crew - including Jeremy - and attempts to make a movie about a spooky pumpkin farm.

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=2.15942.56079.26915.x&start=0

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/little-people-big-world/episodes/279244

Oct 4
Matt's Way or the Highway - Little People, Big World
Matt's micromanaging gets on Amy and Jeremy's last nerve.


Or...

Oct 4th
Little People, Big World (Season 6)
Micromanager Matt

When Matt tries to "help" Jeremy and Amy on a couple of their projects, he's met with a mountain of resistance.



Oct 19th

Rocky's Last Stand

No description


-------------

For the third week of Little People, Big World, Season 6 -- there is an interesting subject in the previews. As LPBW fans know, the TLC previews can often be misleading, however, there is a subject raised that is actually somewhat new ground for Little People, Big World. This is the preview:

Sep 20, 8:30 pm

Me Little People, Big World (Season 6)
Zach Rides On

Now 20 years old, Zach struggles with issues like getting a job and buying a car. When he is presented with an offer to portray a leprechaun, it causes him to address his dwarfism in new ways. It's a stressful time as Zach makes important decisions.




Of course, Little People, Big World has been rightfully applauded for how they have helped changed perceptions of people with dwarfism and I think it's fair to say that most viewers don't even see Matt, Amy and Zach as 'Little People', they just see them as people and your opinions of them are based on the same things that your opinions on any person is based upon.

However, in doing so (combined with the Roloffs 'celebrity factor', which obviously changed how people react to them and the treatment they receive), sometimes they haven't been able to address issues that do face people in the LP community. The issue of course is 'Little People as entertainment'. We did an item the Apprentice controversy last year.

So Zach apparently got offered a role to portray a Leprechaun? What do you think about this issue? Right or wrong? Do you feel that it's not a big deal? I think we can guess was the final outcome of Zach's dilemma, but for argument sake, now that Little People, Big World is ending, how would you feel if all of a sudden Zach did start accepting LP "dwarf" entertainment roles" and portrayed an "oompa loompa" or a leprechaun or an elf or any of the other 'dwarf' sideshow entertainmaint roles?

Zach's very good friend, Jen Montzingo, wrote about this exact subject on her blog and made a You Tube video about her own experience after accepting a job at a celebrity birthday party with the likes of Taylor Swift and Katy Perry, where she was hired to portray on oompa loompa and her thoughts on it. I don't know if this weighed into Zach's decision, but Jen's thoughts on this subject were very honest, raw and insightful.




Zach's friend, Jen Montzingo shared her thoughts about what it's like be be 'dwarf entertainment'; Zach was asked to portray a leprechaun.

You can visit's Zach's good friend, Jen Montzingo's blog:

http://hopesprouts.wordpress.com/2009/11/08/learning-curve/

"I did this video blog a couple weeks ago and it has taken me a bit to post it. It’s such a topic close to my heart that I wanted to make sure it was just right before I shared it with you. If I am anything, I must be honest, both with my successes and my failures, my strengths and my growth edges. I am human. This is just the first reflection of several.

Yes, I did Katy Perry’s Birthday Party as “dwarf entertainment”–with Taylor Swift, Perez Hilton and Julianne Hough. I have to be honest."


"I realize the entertainment world is not curing the world of cancer, it's entertainment, but I want to tell you if you think it's glamorous to 'party with celebrities' -- they're not looking at you as people, they're not thinking "She's cool; let's be friends" -- you're basically being laughed at, you're just an object, a commodity.

I just don't think little people have gotten far enough and advanced enough and respected enough as human beings to be able to put ourselves back there. I think a lot of African Americans would say the same thing, I think a lot of people in the gay community would say the same thing. I don't think we've gotten there yet, so I don't think we want to take ourselves out and but ourselves back 50 years.

And I did it. I'm embarrassed of myself. I judge no one else, I'm embarrassed that I did it. I did something I said I would never do. The feeling that you get from going against something that is in your heart for your life, it's not worth it. None of that money that I received from that contract makes me feel better, because I did something I said I would never do.

There's no judgement here, we all have our own paths to follow, we all have our own steps to get through our lives, but for me it was humiliating and degrading. I never want to do it again and I learned my lesson hard. None of those people that were there cared who I was or what I offer the world or the fact that I did anything in my life, they were just "oh, oompa loompa, stand there and look cute'..."

https://twitter.com/jenmontzingo

29 comments:

Jocelynn said...

It would be strange to see Zach that way, especially after getting to "know" him as a person. I would be bad for him that he felt he had to do that.

Jen's video was fantastic. I've never been in that position, but I'm sure that's how I would feel.

Dana said...

Zach doesn't need to resort to any of that because of everything that Matt has provided him with. He would be letting down a lot of people if he stooped to that level.

Greg said...

Nice video Jen. I've always liked Jen.

Judy said...

Someone must have a lot of gumption to offer that to Zach. The only reason why a person would do that would be for money. Zach doesn't need money. Maybe it's just a storyline and there was no offer?

I agree with Jen's reason not to do it. Matt has done so much for LPs, Zach would be setting it back by doing that.

Chris said...

Sorry but personally, people are too sensitive. Like the guy in the detergent commercial said. If you pay me money, you can call me whatever the hell you want. Take the money and dry your tears with dollar bills.

But hey maybe that's just me.

Carol said...

Jen Montzingo said it all really. If this is a real thing and not a fake idea from a producer or Matt, I hope Jen and Zach did talk about it.

Money is not worth losing your self-respect.

Em said...

I had never seen Jen's video. It was very good. I lost some respect for Taylor Swift. Boo!

Mike said...

What do I think? I think it's horrible.

I mean, Zach's not even Irish. ;)

Susan said...

Jen is right on about the feeling you get when you do something that is against your heart and that you know is wrong, either wrong in general or wrong for yourself. It's something anyone can relate to. I like Jen too. I've learned more about the real feelings of LP from Jen online than I have from the Roloffs.

As for Zach, I agree with Dana and Judy (can pigs fly yet?). The only reason to do something like that would be for money. That's one problem Zach doesn't have.

I agree with Jen about not judging anyone though. Personally, I wouldn' do it, but you never know what is going on in someone else's life. Perhaps someone needs the money for medical reasons or to buy their kids Christmas presents or to pay their mortgage. Overall, I agree with Jen that it's not a healthy move for anyone emotionally.

A.J. said...

"Zach's very good friend, Jen Montzingo"

Spirits, you have it wrong. Zach and Jen are more than good friends. They have been in a relationship for over two years.

Expressed said...

It would be wrong to see Zach do something like that now after seeing him on LPBW for so long. I don't think he considered it. It's probably one of those previews that it will be talked about for 3 seconds.

A.J. what are you talking about?? Jen and Zach aren't dating! She lives in L.A, before that Seattle. Zach lives on the farm in Oregon...they aren't in a relationship...

Justin said...

Jen is by far a much better person and a deeper thinker than any of the Roloffs.

Oh, and I doubt they are dating or have ever dated. Ignoring my first point, if they were dating Zach would have made it public on the show. It was clear the poor guy wanted to get his family and the world off his back and stop harassing about when he would date. No way would he hide it if he was dating Jen.

A.J. said...

Expressed, you have never heard of a long distance relationship? I challenge Zach and Jen to produce their phone records and prove me wrong...

Not being on the t.v. show doesn't mean a thing. You don't think that show is the real reality do you? Hahaha. It's the same reason why fans have never seen or heard anything about the hoard of girls that Jeremy has his fun with. Do those girls not exist because they haven't been talked about that show or are they not talked about because the show is crap, not personal, instead full of contrived plots thought of by producers in business meetings.

Zach is actually a very private person about his personal life. They have kept it a secret for that reason.

At one time Zach was considering going to Seattle Pacific University. The plan was he would have lived with Jen. In the end, it didn't work out. He didn't have the grades and Jen wanted to move to L.A.. Then Zach realized he was going to get paid for to do the show later that year. The rejuvenated his interest in it.

Now that the show will be over soon, don't be surprised when you start hearing things about the Roloffs that you didn't suspect because "it wasn't on the show". One of them will be that Zach and Jen are an item.

Rap541 said...

"The only reason to do something like that would be for money. That's one problem Zach doesn't have."

I'm gonna qualify that, Susan.

Thats one problem Zach doesn't have *right now*.

Susan said...

Rap, true, but I can't see it being an issue anytime soon. People do those things when they are desperate for money. Isn't Jen living on her own in Hollywood? If she was looking for work and was offered the demeaning job, I understand why she gave in.

If Zach was in a desperate situation, didn't have money, Matt and Amy would bail him out.

Ashley said...

Jen seems like such a nice person. I agree with her, it's sad people can still feel that way.

I understand why people do it, but I don't think it's right.

I don't know if Zach and Jen are dating, but they might be! I remember Zach had all those calls to Seattle, Matt said Zach had a girl and didn't tell anyone. I read Jen's blog about the LPA conventions. Jen said she talks to Zach almost everyday. Maybe they're just friends, but it could be more. Who knows? Dan and Brendon(?) are engaged. Maybe Zach will pop the question next!

Michelle said...

Wait, Em? What did Taylor Swift do??

mythoughtis said...

I agree that Zach doesn't need to perform this role for money. However, other LP people might need the money. Amy and Matt have admitted to taking roles in Star Wars (the little furry creatures) when they were younger, and I am sure Marty has done certain roles based upon his LP status. I see nothing wrong with doing the roles, as long as they are ok with it. After all, Leprechauns are expected to be height challenged.

But, back to Zach, he's very private, and it took him some time to get comfortable with cameras for this show. I just don't think he is interested in acting, period.

Carol said...

Rocky's last stand? What's this? They already faked Matt's death. Do they want to make it sound like poor Rocky passed away? You know a show is on its final legs when every third episode makes it sound as though someone is dying.

Greg said...

It's such a friggin joke how they attempt to make Jeremy into this sweet innocent child. Even the word "spooky" makes me laugh. Yeah, that's 20 year old Jer. Making "spooky" pumpkin movies with dear ol' dad. I can't believe tv viewers believe this crap.

Matt's way or the highway sounds good only because I know Dana and Sheri must be beside themselves thinking up ways to avoid saying Jeremy is being disloyal or disrespectful to Matt like they would have if it was one of the other Roloff kids that gets pissed off at Matt.

Expressed said...

I'm happy! Jeremy three weeks in a row. The camping episode tonight. The movie with Matt the week after, and then Matt getting on his nerves.

I don't like the one episode a week thing. It does stretch the season out longer and it is easier to review only one episode a week, but it's a long time to wait for so little. I'm used to the whole hour of new episodes.

Sheri said...

Greg, it's drama. Haven't you learned that by now?

Matt and Jeremy have an excellent father and son relationship that most father's dream of having. They love and respect each other. No amount of TLC editing can change that.

It is perfectly normal for family members to get on each others nerves sometimes. It doesn't mean anything or change the level of respect Jeremy has for his father.

NJC said...

Zach's struggling to buy a car? Really? You can't walk two feet on that farm without tripping over one.

NJC said...

"It is perfectly normal for family members to get on each others nerves sometimes. It doesn't mean anything or change the level of respect Jeremy has for his father."

Unless it's someone other than Jeremy displaying the same behavior in which case they're clearly the devil's spawn.

Expressed said...

Yeah, NJC I missed that. Zach is looking at buying a car? Oh great! That will be like vehicle #16 for the Roloffs.

Oh dear Lord. In 2 years Jake will be driving. The Roloffs will go over the 20 mark for vehicles! There should be a law against that. lol.

Rap541 said...

Unless it's someone other than Jeremy displaying the same behavior in which case they're clearly the devil's spawn.

Exactly. I believe *Molly* was called disloyal and disrespectful over very minor incidents but but when its Jeremy back talking its "perfectly normal for family members to get on each others nerves sometimes".

That's the Jer fans Motto - If Jeremy does it, excuse it, if its the other Roloff kids, THEY MUST BE HATED!

Tear them down because otherwise Jeremy will look bad. After all, Jeremy Jesus loves his daddy and always stands at Matt's right hand! Even though in truth, its rather obvious that Jeremy isn't all that into Daddy's projects unless there's a personal payoff in treats for Jeremy. :)

Phyllis said...

I don't think this is an LP issue.

What about grown men that dress up as clowns? I ate a place in Michigan last week called Big Apples Bagels (Great place! The French Toast bagels are to die for!!). The poor waitress was dressed up in an apple suit.

All people are forced with making the decision of taking demeaning jobs for money. It's not something exclusive to dwarves.

~Mike said...

I don't know why you people even watch the show, you're so clearly unhappy with the people that are in it. I don't know how any of you can even think you know these people just because you watch their reality TV show, that of course has nothing at all to do with reality. They follow a script just as much as a sitcom, but at least a sitcom isn't trying to convince people that what's going on is real.

Anonymous said...

I have no idea why Zack would want to buy a new car and take on the headache of car payments.

Buying a new car is perhaps the most foolish financial mistake anyone can make. You loose a ton of money buying new.

The Roloffs don't have the cash to pay $5000 for a good used car? I mean if you like the Toyota Previa then simply buy another used Toyota Previa on eBay, or wherever, they are all over the internet for sale.

In addition to this, The Toyota Previa that Zack already owns and loves is FINE. Did it not start right up with a Jump from Jermey?? Well that means all you have to do is buy a new battery at Wal-Mart for $60 and keep on driving it for another 100,000 miles!

You could put a new engine in the Toyota Previa for $2000 and drive it another 20 years...

Not to mention, why buy another car? As someone else pointed out... Don't the Roloffs already have like 15 cars? Zack should just drive one of the 15 that is not being used at the moment.

Personally If I was Zack Roloff I would NEVER WORK at a job. I mean Come on, you live in paradise on that farm, just work for the family business and spend the rest of your time living in paradise and having fun. I know I would. Screw working at a job man. Life is short, live it up while you can!